November 3, 2008

Haute Dog Halloween


As you may notice, the hat on my head is not my idea.  I wear a fantastic fur all year round.  I get lots of compliments on my great eyebrows.  Some people (and I'm not saying it is my mother) go through a lot to get the highlights I was born with.  In other words, I don't see any need to cover myself with a costume of any kind.  So when some of my friends and I took a trip to the Haute Dog Halloween Parade in Long Beach CA over the weekend, I was quite thankful we met up with my Uncles.  Uncle Ray carried my hat after I posed for 1 photo, and Uncle John carried me.  There were lots of dogs there, reportedly 700, most in some sort of costume, which I promise to share more photos of.  Clearly some of them enjoyed it more than I do.  Or maybe they just haven't figured out how to get the treats without the tricks.  You have to train your humans you know.   All in all, it was not a bad day.  I was with some of my favorite people, outside almost all day.  The hat was on my head for a very limited amount of time.  I didn't have to actually parade; my people got to watch all the four legged friends go by while I napped (ideal arrangement!)  And there was much money raised by Justin Rudd and the parade for people of my kind!  Now I'm hoping that takes care of the costume urge until the Easter Dog Parade!

No comments: