March 28, 2009

Chase Arrives for the Weekend

My Uncle John came to pick me up for a weekend stay.  Shauna is flying to Colorado to surprise Aunt Holly for her birthday!  So my car service, I mean Uncle John came to get me on Wednesday.  He always likes to finagle an extra day with me, partly because he thinks its funny to hear how pathetic my Mom is without me, and mostly just because he loves me!  And I love my Uncles!  I get lots of rest and relaxation at their house.  They have great pillows to sit atop, they don't move around nearly as much as Shauna does (they are much easier to keep an eye on), and Uncle John has taken to much experimenting in the kitchen.  He has sort of become a gourmet!  He was discussing the menu for my stay with my Mom.  For my first night, he is doing an orange chicken with fingerling potatoes in butter (cuz my Mom told him I wouldn't eat the mushrooms in a balsamic reduction as an accompaniment).  Yum!!  I like just about anything with butter!  I overheard him talking to Shauna when she called in to check on me (maybe for the 10th time!).  Uncle John told her I was quite comfortable, following the sun around from pillow to pillow.  He wanted to know where I learned my diva behavior.  Really, the man who chauffered me to his house and arranged gourmet meals around what I as a 4 legged girl would like is asking where I learned diva behavior?!  I love my people!  Ok boys, who wants to go for a walk? 

No comments: